1. Give a friend or family member your travel itinerary and contact info in case of an emergency.
2. Log on to USPS.comopens to stop your mail delivery.
3. Notify your bank/credit card company if you plan to use your card while traveling.
4. Photocopy your passport and/or driver’s license for safekeeping.
5. Set plug-in timers in your home so it looks like you’re home – even when you’re not.
6. Consider downloading the Mobile Passport appopens for international travel from U.S. Customs and Boarder patrol. It will expedite your entry into the U.S.